Friday, March 10, 2017

TTU Teach Ag Playlists

For those that have missed me, I'm baaaaack! Sorry for neglecting my blogging responsibilities. It has been a busy month; the coming month is jam packed as well. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.



This post is simply to share a couple playlists I compiled for two of my courses this semester. At the beginning of each semester, I have students complete an interest questionnaire so I can get to know them. I have used several methods for collecting this information, but have settled on Google Forms. It keeps all the information organized neatly! Previous questionnaires contained basic questions (e.g., major, year in school). This year, I switched to a new set of questions! The majority of questions on this new form were stolen borrowed from Dr. Daniel Foster (@FosterDanielD) from Penn State. His questionnaire asked students to list a few of their favorite songs. After I read that question I knew I wanted to do the same.

After the students completed the form, I compiled their favorite songs into a class playlist. I shared the playlist link with them in the 'About' section in our Google Classroom. I am sure this practice isn't groundbreaking, but it sure is fun to learn about my students. Specifically, this provides me a glimpse of their musical preferences and allows the students to explore different music. During breaks or when they are working on various course projects, we let the playlist do its thing. I've embedded the YouTube playlists below for each of the courses. Feel free to listen, or share another student playlist with me.

Until next time, whenever that may be,
OP

Important note: Being the "Belieber" that I am, I did add a Justin Bieber song to each playlist. I also added a Miley Cyrus song. In my defense, none of the students listed either of those artists- an obvious oversight on their part.

AGED 3010: Professional Leadership Development


AGED 4300: Development of Youth Programs in Agricultural and Extension Education

No comments:

Post a Comment